Thursday, January 20, 2011

Conditions that Maximize Healing

I find Spirituality and Health magazine to be chock full of good stuff, and I recommend it to everyone I think might be interested. Here's their website http://www.spiritualityhealth.com/spirit/.

Janene Heldman, MA, MFT has a great article on addiction and healing in the current issue. Here, she says that, to maximize our innate healing powers we must
1. Feel hopeful that healing is possible;
2. Believe that the power exists internally and externally to activate and promote healing, and that we can access this power;
3. Believe that we deserve to be healed;
4. Be receptive to and ask for treatment;
5. Be willing to let go of the illness or disorder;
6 Be willing to accept health and all of its known and unknown responsibilities.

This kind of thing really gets me thinking.

1 comment:

Ms. Booty Homemaker said...

SO happy to see you blogging again! And I will look into the magazine.