Wednesday, October 7, 2009

my first Michaelmas


The autumn wind blows open the gate, O Michael, you, you we await.

We follow you, show us the way. With joy we greet the autumn day.


Firmly on the earth I stand, Michael's sword within my hand.
When I conquer fear the dragon's chains I tightly bind, Michael's light within my mind.

What a thrilling thing, to be involved in a procession and play planned for children and adults alike by Leeala. We welcomed autumn with song and drama. A dragon (with a cerveza cabeza, says Joel) was fought, then bound. Stick swords were wielded. A festive meal was enjoyed. See the sidebar for a photo of Erin's stunning dragon bread and some other photos taken by Erin. Thanks to Cheryl for the photos in this post.

1 comment:

Lizz said...

How are things? I'm thinking of you and yours. Warm love to you!