Thursday, October 9, 2008

fall harvest

What a beautiful day was Tuesday. After spending weeks looking out the window to see our deflated pool lying on the ground, Joel and I used this sunny autumn day to clean and cut up pieces of our defective pool and turn them into fodder for a water slide next summer. While Joel was fixing our mop with screws, I did a little weeding and harvesting. Above are the zinnias and cosmos I picked.And here is my very first brandywine of the season--harvested on October 7! Also, chard, yellow peppers on their way to turning and, underneath it all, jalapenos.
Henry played outside on the swing and in the dirt and sand. A joyful, joyful morning that helped me breathe deeply and believe we'll eventually be able to make room and a way for the baby that is coming.

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

I am so glad I stumbled on your uplifting blog via the "forgiveness" tag we share in common on Blogger.

Love that litle watering can of flowers. And I love composting!

And congrats on the baby coming. you all are very lucky.

- Jannie