Tuesday, September 16, 2008

shine on, harvest moon

I don't know how/if I can take better night-time photos with my little $40.00 toy, but here is the ripe harvest moon descending in our back yard. I'm thankful for the clear view of it.

Last night we went to a harvest moon celebration in Wichita and ate two flavorful stews, fresh bread, pumpkin bread and apple betty. The best parts for me were watching the children practice poems from A Journey through Time in Verse and Rhyme (that they never actually performed because they were too busy playing) and seeing Henry carry out the part of the wind in the little play they did do on the deck. He blew the leaves off the tree with style.

1 comment:

Lisa Anne said...

I have a photo that I took the other night just like that, the mooon is so beautiful in real life and the photo does no justice to it whatsoever. Sounds like a fun gathering.