Sunday, June 15, 2008

father's day motherboard

Here is a photo of the new-to-me motherboard I installed in my computer with Joel's help. I guess it was sort of a fathers' day present to him, but also to me, that I learned how to do this myself. Turns out, though, the used board I installed worked great for a while and then stopped. So now I have a different m-board than the one in the photo...and my computer is running much faster. For any who care about these things, my new motherboard has an Athlon XP 2000+ processor and 512 MB of DDR RAM. This replaces a different motherboard with an 900 MHz Athlon and 256 MB of PC-133 memory. My computer runs Ubuntu 7.04 and I am very pleased with it. We might upgrade it to Ubuntu 8.04. There. I am writing down (verbatim) all that Joel has said. Happy Father's Day, Joel!Here is another way we celebrated Father's Day (already on Friday). Our favorite (albeit probably very heavy on the corn syrup) local root beer and Robo-Rally, one of Joel's many favorite games.

No comments: