Tuesday, February 12, 2008

mousetrap


I didn't get as serious a kick out of this as Joel, but I'd like to share this very pragmatic design of Henry's with you because you might get a kick out of it yourself. The other day Henry wanted hammer and nails to work with. What do you make when you don't yet have a lot of experience joining pieces of wood together with nails, but you do have the will and a way to get the nail through? You make a mouse trap, of course, complete with (moldy) Jason Wiebe Dairy southwest chipotle cheese. This impressed Joel enough to merit getting out the tripod for our rinky dink camera and taking close-up and distant photos on white background. The trap looks cruel, doesn't it? Happily, I can say that we do not presently seem to have a mouse problem. But it is nice to know I won't have to rely on those more humane instant-killer models alone should another mouse seek refuge in our home.

3 comments:

Greg said...

I am so glad you are blogging. I look forward to reading your musings and keeping up with your life. Thanks for asking about linking mine and Kelly's blogs. We would be honored.

Anonymous said...

i love that child.

Libby said...

Today in my busy brain I'll have images of mice impaling themselves on a nail all for a nibble at some chipotle cheese.

I can't stop laughing!!!! Cutie pie Henry head.