Sunday, February 17, 2008

lamps and potions

On Saturday I did something I haven't done in a while--prepared a sermon. I used this beautiful resource to help me plan my words about Nicodemus. Joel and Henry worked on their own projects.

Henry busied himself making potions in the kitchen. They tasted a little salty by the time they were finished. All I could manage was a lick. Joel wasn't game to give them a try. Neither was Henry!

Now our bathroom lamps work again. Thanks, Joel, for retro-fitting these ancient fixtures. It took a lot of work and finessing (including making your own set screw) but you did it and, under these gentle lights, the dust on the bathroom floor looks so much nicer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And what a wonderful sermon it was! Thank you, thank you. And I'm so glad to find your blog! Reading it is like my own personal meditation time!!