Saturday, February 2, 2008

If Candlemas be fair and bright

...winter has another flight. If Candlemas brings clouds and rain, winter will not come again. I guess it's going to be a long winter yet. This is my first year for intentionally celebrating Candlemas. I love what I'm learning of it so far, mostly from this site and from this site. Here's a photo of my little Mennonite Mary shrine (the Mary was a gift from my ordination). The bundle of Missouri beeswax candles I'm giving to my youngest sister for her 30th birthday this evening. The Kansas honey is there just for 'cause, and the lit candle (if you can see it) was a Christmas present. The beautiful cloth was homespun in Missouri by an artist who sells her wares at this place. My, my, I seem to be having a lot of fun posting links. Barbara, thank you for sharing your beautiful cloth with me. I give it back to you on your almost-Candlemas thirtieth birthday. I love you!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love this too, and look forward to making it a tradition in my household.

Jen CD