Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas, good bye

I loved that tree. I love keeping Advent and Christmas. I love it that it is (reportedly) Henry's favorite time of year. I love it that there's a squared circle on the book on the piano in this photo. Did you notice it? I loved decorating our tree. I loved venturing out in the cold to get it. I loved it that Joel spotted it right off. I loved watching him saw it down and carry it away. I loved singing the little I could remember of "O Tannenbaum" while he sawed it. I loved watching Henry and Noah hike around the hill while we searched. I loved celebrating winter solstice by laying a spiral with cedar boughs that same evening.

If only I loved the rest of winter as much as I love Christmas. Now is the hard part. The days are getting longer, but I'm tired of layering up to go outside. Putting Anna in all her gear; making sure Henry has clothing that he hasn't thought to bring, but might want later.

But, now is the time we have. Now is the time I have. I can be thankful for it.

1 comment:

barbara said...

Yes. I noticed that circle squared.