Monday, April 7, 2008

the anchors of life

What a wonderful day it has been: an opportunity to run, play and learn with Wichita independent homeschoolers and dear friends, a first-time visit to City Arts, a ride home with Aunt Libby, whose assemblage birthday gift to Aunt Becky makes me smile whenever I think of it.Here's another thing that makes me smile: two figurines in dialogue on my wardrobe. An annunciation, perhaps. Or maybe just a conversation. Two aspects of myself, both gifts from friends.
And, at the end of the day, tea with Joel...well, sort of. He's watching SCTV and I am blogging. But we're almost together in the same room, sipping tea.The teabag tag says, "Love, compassion and kindness are the anchors of life." I have received all three of these things today, along with a lot of joy. May these be your anchors.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Where can I get some of those bags?

Also, tell me more about the Wichita homeschoolers group.....are they as evangelical as the Newton homeschoolers?

Jen CD