Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

Happy Easter! Here's a little Easter assemblage. It's hard to see the beauty of the things gathered here, which include beautiful daffodils from neighbors and my sister's first Araucana pullet egg, laid Holy Saturday, given to me as a sweet, sweet gift, a cross wrapped in soft blue-green yarn...
The poem is more assertive than the assemblage. And I love it.

I Praise You for this Resurrection Madness

Lord of such amazing surprises as put a catch in my breath and wings on my heart,
I praise you for this joy, too great for words,
but not for tears and songs and sharing;
for this mercy that blots out my betrayals and bids me begin again,
to limp on, to hop-skip-and-jump on,
to mend what is broken in and around me,
and to forgive the breakers;
for the YES to life and laughter,
to loves and lovers, and to my unwinding self;
for this kingdom unleashed in me and I in it forever,
and no dead ends to growing,
to choices, to chances, to calls to be just;
no dead ends to living, to making peace,
to dreaming dreams, to being glad of heart;
for this resurrection madness which is wiser than I
and in which I see how great you are, how full of grace.
Alleluia!

Ted Loder, Guerillas of Grace, 1984

No comments: