Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunday evening post

On Sunday evening I got to spend extra quiet and relaxing time with this darlingperusing these interesting materials (the catalogs are just the eye candy I'd been waiting for; thanks, Leeala) while Joel and Henry prototyped a game that has to do with wolves and sheep.

Even though we're self-employed and employed without benefits, it has been nice to soak up the blessed quietness of a holiday weekend.

Tomorrow I will attempt my first feed-a-multitude potato salad. It will be basic: yellow mustard, potatoes, hard-cooked eggs, vinegar, mayonnaise, heavy cream, a little sugar. I'm nervous, but excited, too. My mother's potato salad is oh, so good. I don't care for the recipes that include pickle relish, so mine will just be that lovely pale yellow color I associate with summer evening meals.

2 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

aww! your little darling is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Your baby is so very, very sweet! : )
(I recognize a Nova Natural catalog there, so fun!)
Good luck feeding the multitudes!!