Tuesday, February 3, 2009

with great trust

About a year after I began blogging, a year after a second miscarriage, we wait for a second child, due around February 20. I met Rainer Maria Rilke when I was sixteen through his book Letters to a Young Poet. I'm not sixteen anymore, but a 38-year-old mother. Rilke's words, though, ring truer than ever.

Try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms...

Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you
because you would not be able to live them.

And the point is, to live everything.

Live the questions now.

...[B]ut take whatever comes with great trust.

Wow! I have no idea how this is all going to shake out...how we will become a family of four. But I'm taking it with great trust...as much of the time as I can, and trying to knit my way through uncertainty. I hope to show photos of that endeavor soon.

4 comments:

kclblogs said...

beautiful post! thinking of you these last days.

Jen said...

I really needed to hear those words...thank you!

Bonita said...

Ohhh, I have been wondering about you and your expectancy. What a special time filled with so many emotions. I'm so glad you are knitting!

Lizz said...

Love, love, love to you Mama on your journey. I've not been around lately and I come here to see you so full of life.

Smooth birthing vibes to you. I'll be smiling for you.

Bless~