Monday, February 25, 2008

local milk, anyone?

Occasionally friends have spoken with me about a desire for locally produced milk, or shared about how they have enjoyed such milk. Thanks to one of my dear sisters, I now have the opportunity to sign up for some. My order's been made, and the delivery's comin' tomorrow. I write to ask if any of you would be interested in some good holstein milk, coming from cows near Yoder. If you are, please let me know, and I will be glad to pass the word along and visit with you about how you might get hooked up to the milk delivery route Becky helped me get in on. I know it's possible for such groups to get so large that the pick-up becomes too big for one delivery person to manage. So maybe smaller groups would need to be formed. But, if you're interested, I'm willing to find out more.

2 comments:

Jen said...

We did this for awhile, but pickup was too much of a pain. I would be interested in trying again.

Jen CD

Beverly said...

I know what you mean. It's a pretty convoluted process. What seems to be happening in the delivery schedule I'm part of now is that different people need different days to do the pickup. It almost seems like it would be easier to base groups on who can pick up when, rather than who knows whom...

I'll give you a call.