Monday, April 21, 2008

moon fruits

Sunday afternoon, in addition to exploring an abandoned garden to look for asparagus, Henry and I watched the precursor to the Hot Wheels AcceleRacers movie. While we watched I cleaned out a drawer that holds art supplies and got inspired to make a collage...really because of you, Libby!
On the bottom there is a googly eye. Just couldn't resist sticking it on. The lines of typewritten words are a quotation from Mother Teresa that I see when I visit a favorite local prayer room. "The fruit of silence is prayer. The fruit of prayer is faith. The fruit of faith is love. The fruit of love is service. The fruit of service is peace." It is a squared circle of sorts, with the pear being the center and the four corners representing...well, four different things :).

I enjoy the way small bits of paper become spots of brilliance in collages.

No comments: