Thursday, April 3, 2008

candles are lit

I'm feeling all full of pastoral care today--for myself and others--and offer this prayer of dedication (ever-so-slightly adapted) from A Wee Worship Book, Fourth Incarnation (pp. 63-64). If you're not familiar with this book, you can find it through any number of means, but I've included a link to the Iona community's website.

I will light a light in the name of the Maker, who lit the world and breathed the breath of life for me.

I will light a light in the name of the Son, who saved the world and stretched out his hand to me.

I will light a light in the name of the Spirit, who encompasses the world and blesses my soul with yearning.

I will light three lights for the trinity of love: God above us, God beside us, God beneath us; the beginning, the end, the everlasting One.

I have lit three candles here and you can find them (probably) by entering "bkb" in the group search box.

Blessings!

No comments: